That’s all folks, I managed to read just 146 pages of Our Chemical Hearts this time around so not great but not a total disaster. I’m going to carry on binge reading for the rest of the weekend so feel free to check out my updates on Twitter and have a chat to me 🙂
Let me know what you read during the readathon or what you plan to read this week in the comments below. Thanks for reading and see you for the next Dewey’s in April!
I actually read nothing in the last 2 hours because I was off to the Garth Nix signing in Waterstones Liverpool One. He was lovely and I got all of my 5 books signed 🙂
1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
Hour 10 because I just couldn’t get into this book and I just kinda gave up and decided to go to sleep!
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness – even if you will have a book hangover!
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next season?
Maybe do easier 5 minute challenges like find an animal or food on your current page.
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
All the links where up promptly and worked.
5. How many books did you read?
0.5! I only managed 146 pages this time around but it’s motivated me to carry on power reading this weekend.
6. What were the names of the books you read?
Our Chemical Hearts by Krystal Sutherland.
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
I didn’t manage to finish one!
8. Which did you enjoy least?
See the above answer.
9. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I will definitely participate as a reader again and plan nothing for the whole day. Also, pick up a different book if i’m struggling instead of sticking to one and trying over and over again to enjoy the book.
I’m awake, I’ve had breakfast and gotten myself pumped and ready to get as much read as possible before the end!
Leave a comment telling me what you’re reading and how you’re getting on 🙂
Here is the mid-event survey guys! Even if I was asleep for it… shhh, don’t tell!
1. What are you reading right now?
Our Chemical Hearts by Krystal Sutherland…still.
2. How many books have you read so far?
Just the one and I haven’t finished it!
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Miss Peregrine’s if I make it to that one!
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
YES! I had to take my mum shopping and also travel for a little bit 😦
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
How chilled I am this time around!
I am struggling so much with this book because it is not my cup of tea! I think I’m going to call it a night and try something else in the morning. Maybe move on to some of Edgar Allan Poe’s short stories.
I read for around an hour this time and took a break to eat some food – hot dogs because I’m a savvy chef.
I have to say, so far I’m not feeling this book and maybe that’s why it feels like such an effort to read. I shall soldier on through the night and switch books if needed!
P.S. By no means is this post meant to include so many mean girls GIFs…
I decided to do the ‘Bookish Memories’ challenge for this hour and here is my entry! I managed to read Juvie in one sitting on that flight.
Hour 4 / 5 / 6
I’ve spent these hours with my head in Our Chemical Hearts, madly reading and desperate to get this book finished!
Hour 2 / 3
So, the readathon isn’t going amazing for me so far, reading wise. I had to go shopping with my mum and so I haven’t read a single thing yet!
I’m hoping hour 4 is my hour, i’ll be updating you all on twitter so check me out there and don’t forget to chat 🙂
Hour 0 / 1
To kick off, here are my answer’s to the opening survey! What were your answers?
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Liverpool in England 🙂
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs so that I can then watch the new film!
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Crisps and dip! Also, mint Aero chocolate.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I love food and books and tea. I’m rather clever but dozy at the same time and enjoy the simple things in life 🙂
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
I will not stress this time! I will make time for reading and stay hydrated. I will also train my boyfriend to be an incredibly good waiter.
Have you ever heard of a little thing called Dewey’s 24 hour Readathon? Well if you haven’t, it is this amazing 24 hour Readathon where everyone across the world starts reading at the same time. So because I live in the UK, i’ll be starting at 1pm my time. IT IS SO ADDICTIVELY FUN! There are challenges each hour but you don’t have to do them if you don’t want to and can just read, read, READ!
I’ll be updating this post each hour so make sure you come back to check how it’s going and what challenges I’m doing!
What am I reading during these 24 hours you may ask? Here is my completed TBR but I always manage to stray from this so don’t take too much notice…
- Our Chemical Hearts by Krystal Sutherland
- Tales of mystery and imagination by Edgar Allan Poe
- Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
- Hollow City by Ransom Riggs
- Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs
What are you reading this weekend? Are you taking part in Dewey’s readathon? Tell me!