I wanted to write something a little different today and I saw this tag floating about so I just thought i’d do it. It’s all those bookish things that you don’t want to confess to but you totally do them.
- Have you ever damaged a book?
I have damaged a book…by accident though! Picture the scene, I was typing a blog post on the computer with a cup of tea next to me and my book (The Iron King by Julie Kagawa) on the desk. All was fine and dandy until I moved my arm to get my cuppa and knocked it all over the place. It’s safe to say that The Iron King was ruined and I had to try and dry it with the hairdryer, which didn’t work. I then thought it was a good idea to put it in the tumble dryer. Let’s just say it is in ‘poor’ condition in selling terms…
- Have you ever damaged a borrowed book?
I haven’t! I’m generally careful with all books but I do have the odd mishap! (See above^^)
- How long does it take you to read a book?
This totally depends on the size of the book. If it’s a 300 or under page book then it’ll take me around 3/4 days. If it’s 400 or over it’ll take me about a week. BUT if it’s a mammoth and is 600+ it could take me around 2 weeks or more! This totally depends on my enjoyment of the book too.
- Books that you haven’t finished?
- The Iron King – Julie Kagawa… (See question 1)
- Early One Morning – Virginia Baily
- Hyped/popular books you didn’t like only thought were OK?
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell was okay, like I thought it was good but just good not like WOW!
- Is there a book you wouldn’t tell anyone you were reading?
Fifty Shades if I ever read it!
- How many books do you own?
Please don’t make me count…it’s gotta be in excess of 200
- Are you a fast or slow reader?
I have definitely picked up the pace, I used to be really slow but i’ve mastered the art of speed reading in the past year.
- Do you like to buddy read?
I like to buddy read but i’m no good at it. I’m really bad at updating my buddy and staying in touch about the book!
- Do you read better in your head or out loud?
I read better in my head but if there is noise like the TV or people talking, i’ve been known to murmur because i’m reading aloud to concentrate!
- If you were only allowed to own ONE book, what would it be and why?
I think it would be The Book Thief because although it would turn me into a puddle of tears, I think it is such an original writing style and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
Thank you very much for reading this post and feel free to be tagged! Anyone who would like to do it, let me know and i’ll add you to this post.